Every affiliate marketer dreams of making good money from affiliate marketing. But affiliate commissions don’t just happen on their own. You have to make them happen. It is not enough to simply join affiliate programs that pay and put up content. You have to proactively work to increasing affiliate commissions.
Here are ten steps you can take to increasing affiliate commissions –
1. Stay true to your niche. Be aware of the needs of people that your site is targeting. Are there any specialized products that you can sell? Dig deep into your niche. Super specialization can reap rich dividends in affiliate marketing.
2. Visit forums. Participate without trying to hard sell what you’ve got. Answer questions and if what you promote helps satisfy a consumer need then guide the consumer to it. You can always place an affiliate link in your forum signature. If you are a seasoned and valued member on forums, this will get you converting traffic.
3. Check your affiliate metrics to see what’s earning you the maximum commissions. It is CPM, CPA, or CPL. Push ahead with what works best for you. If your site gets a lot of traffic but not enough targeted traffic, then CPM fits the bill. If you can find a couple of easy to sign up with offers / first- page signups then CPL is the way forward.
4. Affiliate merchants provide banner, text, and image links. Study data and see what links get you sales. Which are the most potent affiliate link placement areas on your blog? Affiliate marketing is information driven. Use information to increase your commissions. Check out how high-placed and successful competition is phrasing and placing similar links.
5. Affiliate marketers that write reviews usually tend to get higher conversion rate from the traffic. Honest user reviews of products and services that you have used are a great way to endorse what you have liked and also build your blog’s reputation.
6. Get backlinks. Organic one-way backlinks are the de-facto stamp of approval for search engines that a particular page is well liked. Link-bait articles are one way of doing it. Coming up with impossible-to-ignore content is another way. Don’t shop for links.
7. Send out periodic press releases linking back to a landing page or your blog home page. Make the presser interesting for readers. Tell them about a new product that you have decided to market or that your blog has cracked the significant milestone of 10K visitors per day.
8. People love freebies. Give them a free e-book with useful information that they can actually put to practice. In return, they can signup for your website or blog newsletter.
9. Search engine marketing plays a role in getting traffic that generates affiliate commissions. Once you have optimized your site to the best of your ability, then tap the internet with PPC ads, article directory submissions, maintaining hub pages, and using social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
10. Many affiliate programs, particularly those of web hosting companies, allow you to incentivize your affiliate marketing. Offer visitors discounts out of your own commission. Beat the competition with this aggressive but very rewarding tactic.
These are 10 tried and tested ways to increase your affiliate commissions.
If you’ve got ingenuity and are willing to put in the hard work, you will definitely do well.